Overview Climbing to 5,199 meters, Mount Kenya is the second tallest mountain in Africa. The scenery surrounding this designated World Heritage Site is…
Climbing to 5,199 meters, Mount Kenya is the second tallest mountain in Africa. The scenery surrounding this designated World Heritage Site is breath-taking. It is pristine wilderness with lakes, tarns, glaciers, dense forest, mineral springs and a selection of rare and endangered species of animals, high altitude adapted plains game and unique montane and alpine vegetation. Visitors can enjoy mountain climbing, camping and caving with the mountain’s rugged glacier-clad peaks providing the perfect backdrop.
Day 1: (Old Moses Camp)
Leave Nairobi to Mt Kenya National park gate, taking about 3 hrs drive. We have lunch at picnic site at 1pm depending on arrival, (inside the park). Trekking begins after lunch to old Moses taking
Approx. 3 Hours Depending On Your Pace.
Dinner & Rest at Old Moses Camp (3300m).
Day 2: (Shiptons Camp)
We have morning breakfast, at 7am then hike up to mackiinders Valley through Moorland. Lunch will be served along the trek. Approx trekking time: 7 hours. Depending on your pace. Dinner and rest at shiptons camp 4200M
Day 3; Acclimatization Day
We take 1 hour trek to helsberg 4700m for acclimatization then down for rest.
Dinner and rest at shiptons camp [4200m]
Day 4: (Summit-Shiptons-Old Moses Camp)
Early morning wakeup call at 3:30am we attempt point Lenana (4985M) at dawn to catch early sunrise. The trek is approx 3 hours. We descend down to SHIPTONS camp for breakfast, approx time 1 and half hours, then further down to OLD MOSES lunch is severed in between the trek approx time 5 and half hrs.
Dinner and rest at Old Moses Camp (3300m)
Day 5; Old Moses -Sirimon Gate -Return To Nairobi
After breakfasts descend further to SIRIMON GATE approx. time 2.5hrs END OF TREK. Then you will be picked at the gate and transferred to Nairobi and dropped off in a Central place at your hotel in Nairobi.
- Professionals Guides
- Porters to carry food and luggage
- Camping fees, porters and cooks wages
- Accommodation on bandas (huts) during climb
- All meals 4meals per day breakfast, lunch, 1st evening tea, appetizers. Full supper and 2nd evening tea all days of the trek
- Landover to carry food and luggage to base camp
- Transport from Nairobi to Mt Kenya National park Gate and back to your hotel
- Accommodation, one night before and after the trek.
- Transfers to/from Airport or to shuttle station
- International and local Flights
- Tips to mountain crew
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$70 per toilet + toilet tent)
- Short safari in Nairobi National Park