Overview Materuni is one of the few villages of wonder in Northern Tanzania sitting at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. The village is…
Materuni is one of the few villages of wonder in Northern Tanzania sitting at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. The village is blessed with full of all the beauty worth much visiting for holiday, week-end outing or vacation. While in the village, scenic view of Moshi Town and Mount Kilimanjaro is astonishing. This green village with fresh air from green vegetation’s welcomes visitors to explore the beauty of the land and cultural heritage of the Chagga people.
This very impressive Waterfall is one of the tallest in the area, spewing crystal clear glacier water 70m into its basin. The beautiful path leading to Materuni Waterfall is located 2500m above sea level It crosses valleys and hills covered by tropical rainforest, past coffee, banana and avocado “shambas”, the Kiswahili word for farms.
On a clear day great views of Kibo and Moshi town can be seen. The hike to the base of the Waterfall can be demanding and hiking boots are recommended. As this trip is so close to Moshi town it is ideal for those people with limited time but who would still like to see some of the nature and beauty that this region of Tanzania has to offer.
A cultural experience such as banana beer brewed or coffee roasted the traditional way can be added to your hike.
Activities To Materuni And Kuringe Waterfalls
- You pass through coffee and banana plantation.
- Chance of meeting a variety of primates including Black and white Colobus monkeys.
- Explanation about local people/life and tradition of Chagga people
- Enjoying the nature of the slopes of mount Kilimanjaro
- Explanation of different flowers
- Visit the waterfalls, get explanation and enjoy swimming if you like to.
- Hiking up to the boundary of mount Kilimanjaro national park 2400m
- You will learn how to make local coffee and drink your own made coffee
- You will learn how to make local beer if you like
- The best view point for the snow peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro if not covered by clouds