Guides and Porters
The importance of having competent, high-quality guides and porters cannot be overstated when it comes to climbing African giants mountains.
Baraka Trails we are the best local guides, all of whom are fluent in English and have received extensive training in first aid, mountain rescue, flora and fauna, and history. All of our guides are registered with Kilimanjaro National Park. It is forbidden to climb Kilimanjaro without a guide.
Baraka Trails Guides & Porters
Our Kilimanjaro guides and porters are very experienced, with most having climbed well over 100 times. We are professionals who intimately know the mountain:
You can expect the following from our Kilimanjaro guides and porters:
- High Safety Standards – Your safety is the highest priority for us. Our clients put their lives in our hands and trust us to keep them safe; we do not take that responsibility lightly. Our guides are certified Wilderness First Responders (WFR), which means they have the tools to make critical medical and evacuation decisions. We receive annual training in emergency first aid and can prevent, recognize and treat altitude-related illnesses. Additionally, we can identify and avoid potential hazards such as slippery trails and loose rocks. Each client’s health is monitored very closely while on the mountain.
- Professionalism – We understand that you have many choices when it comes to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru, Oldonyo Lengai, Mount Kenya or Rwenzori mountain. Therefore it is of the utmost importance that your expectations are met or exceeded. Baraka Trails takes pride in the hard work of our staff and we strive to maintain and grow our reputation of excellence. Our guides and porters uphold a high level of professionalism while still keeping the experience fun for the clients.
- Expert Ability – Our guides and porters have been working on Mount Kilimanjaro for a long time. With this training and experience, they are completely acclimatized to high altitude and are adapted to the rigors of mountain life. Climbing Kilimanjaro and other mountains has become second nature to us. Our guides are tough as nails and can teach you everything you need to know about high altitude trekking.
- Mountain Knowledge – Our guides are knowledgeable about general mountain facts. They can tell you about the climate zones, the altitudes of and distances to campsites, and information about the geology, flora and fauna. These types of facts increase the enjoyment during the trek by giving clients an idea of what they are seeing and feeling.
- Team Work: Our teams work together – often. This familiarity creates a strong team dynamic amongst the staff and with the clients, making the days on the mountain more fun and safer as well.
- Long Trip: We also lead longer trips, which, due to proper acclimatization, increases the probability of successful summits, which in turn gives a sense of satisfaction to the guides and staff.