CYCLING ON MT. KILIMANJARO
Kilimanjaro mountain biking as a recreational activity and mountain biking tourism are growth areas in Tanzania and globally. With its iconic landscapes, Kilimanjaro offers this adventures in two routes one for summit bound visitors (Kilema route) and second one for non-summit visitors (Shira plateau). These routes are equipped with picnic sites and resting points.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Morum Picnic Site then back to Morum (a 44km ride)
- Accommodation in Arusha/ Moshi ( before and after the climb) including breakfast and Dinner. • Mountain Bike and Mountain Guide • Arrival and Departure transfers from airport • Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route) • Professional, experienced, mountain guides • All Park fees • Rescue Fees • All meals on the Mountain ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) • Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees • Quality Mess tents with table and chairs • Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food • Clean, purified drinking water • Crisis management and safety procedures, Emergency oxygen • Boiled water on the mountain • Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips (Much appreciated)
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Your flights/Visas
- Today is 100% cycling by bike.
- Cycling distance 19 Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
- Today is 90% riding Vegetation “Alpine desert Cycling distance: 10 Km
- Cycling today is 90%. Vegetation: Alpine Desert
- Today cycling, from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15%-20%, from Kibo to Horombo 100%. Vegetation “Alpine desert /Icecap