CYCLING ON MT. KILIMANJARO
Kilimanjaro mountain biking as a recreational activity and mountain biking tourism are growth areas in Tanzania and globally. With its iconic landscapes, Kilimanjaro offers this adventures in two routes one for summit bound visitors (Kilema route) and second one for non-summit visitors (Shira plateau). These routes are equipped with picnic sites and resting points.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Morum Picnic Site then back to Morum (a 44km ride)
- Accommodation in Arusha/ Moshi ( before and after the climb) including breakfast and Dinner. • Mountain Bike and Mountain Guide • Arrival and Departure transfers from airport • Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route) • Professional, experienced, mountain guides • All Park fees • Rescue Fees • All meals on the Mountain ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) • Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees • Quality Mess tents with table and chairs • Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food • Clean, purified drinking water • Crisis management and safety procedures, Emergency oxygen • Boiled water on the mountain • Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips (Much appreciated)
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Your flights/Visas
You will be picked from your hotel at 8:30 am, This morning we drive through Kilimanjaro’s semi-tropical foothills to Marangu Gate, Spend some minutes for registrations and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding, Up to Horombo Hut.
- Today is 100% cycling by bike.
- Cycling distance 19 Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will riding on small stone, up to Mawenzi Hut and back to Horombo
- Today is 90% riding Vegetation “Alpine desert Cycling distance: 10 Km
After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone in most areas.
- Cycling today is 90%. Vegetation: Alpine Desert
At 4 am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up a long screen slop After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another 3 hours to Gilman’s Point, You will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After lunch ride down to Horombo
- Today cycling, from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15%-20%, from Kibo to Horombo 100%. Vegetation “Alpine desert /Icecap
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then back to your Hotel.